The Advanced Master programme is open to both graduate students and professionals at the master level.
It may be taken as part of initial education or as continuing education.
It is fully taught in English.
Admissions are open from April on.
Conditions for admissions
This program is open to all foreign and French students holding a Master of Science (preferably in scientific fields). Applicants must prove an engineering degree recognized by the Commission des Titres d’Ingénieurs (Commission for Engineering Degrees), or a master degree or equivalent, or a foreign degree equivalent to one of those.
Applicants should have English language proficiency at the B2 level (minimum paper based TOEFL: 575 or TOEIC: 785)
A limited number of applications, not fulfilling the degree criteria but with outstanding.
The admission committee will preselect applicants on the basis of an application file including:
- One completed and signed ELS Application Form.
- A handwritten motivation letter, showing the consistency of the choice of the advanced master with
the applicant’s career plans.
- A resume with a recent ID photo.
- Copies of diplomas at the master level. Originals will be required at registration.
- Transcripts in French or English.
- A photocopy ofthe applicant’s national identity card, passport (with a translation into French or English )
- Two or more completed ELS-‐Recommendation forms, filled by academic or professional officials (including one filled by official of your workplace or training course tutors,…). They will be sent directly by the referee to the address on top of the form.
- A €120 immediate payment for application expenses, by check or by bank transfer. This charge will not be refunded under any circumstances, even if the application is unsuccessful.
This file is to be sent to:Admissions – ELS, Institut d’Optique Graduate School 2, Avenue Augustin Fresnel – 91127- Palaiseau cedex – France
and must be received before end of june.
Files with missing information or documents will be rejected.
Preselected applicants will be notified by mail and proposed an interview, on the premises of one of the participating schools or through a teleconference.
Selected applicants will be notified of their admission by the administration of the ELS-Advanced Master programme. They will have to confirm their registration by paying a 1,500 Euros non-refundable deposit. Failure to pay the deposit in due time will result in the loss of the admission in favour of another candidate.
This programme is limited to 20 students: do not wait for the latest deadline to submit your application form.
Non European citizens should take into account the long & imperative delay to obtain a student visa from the French consular authorities.
For any additional information